Position/Title: BI Specialist
Reports To: Business Analyst
Area: South Africa
Number of Reports: 0
This role is responsible for driving the BI strategy within the organisation through standardized reporting, In-depth analysis, data modeling, data analysis, and data visualization techniques. Through the analysis of data, the role will provide commercial insights that enable the business to respond effectively to a changing environment.
Focus Area 1: Business Intelligence
- Develop and manage BI solutions
- Interact with various teams for data collection and making the data model properly
- Acquiring, compiling, cleaning, storing and executing queries on business intelligence systems
- Analyzing and reporting business performance data to inform management decisions.
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements and design Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with technology solutions
- Identify development needs in order to improve and streamline operations
- Collect the data from Multiple Heterogeneous sources scoping ETL processes
- Analyze the collected data and try to make the accurate reporting by using reporting tools (Power BI, Qlik, Excel)
- ‘Provides consulting in support of business and information technology initiatives to contribute to the BI strategy.
Focus Area 2: Master Data Management
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements
Requirements of the Role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Demonstrable skills making clear, intuitive, and customizable dashboards SQL and Power BI/Qlik skills are a must
- Good communication and interaction skills with people on all levels in the organization
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritise
- Willing to be challenged and work well within a team
- Excellent planning and organizing ability Strong Analytical Capability
NB: Specific duties/responsibilities will vary from time to time: the above list is intended to indicate the general nature of the post and is not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to be flexible in supporting the business by undertaking any other responsibilities which are aligned with this job level