Logistics Supervisor – Direct Ship
Position/Title: Logistics Supervisor – Direct Ship
Reports To: Logistics GM
Area: Logistics – Gauteng
Number of Reports: 0
The Logistics Supervisor – Direct Ship will be responsible for managing and overseeing logistics operations specifically related to the Direct Ship service delivery. This role will focus on ensuring efficient service delivery, maintaining exceptional customer service, optimising costs, by optimizing the Direct Ship mode.
Focus Area 1- Service Delivery – Direct Ship
- Oversee and manage SHP direct ship logistics operations i.e., Sedibeng (later SHP Gauteng) and Signal Hill Breweries.
- Ensure timely and accurate service delivery to customers, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders i.e. Planning department, trade marketing, telesales etc. to meet service level agreements.
- Monitor and evaluate delivery performance, implementing corrective actions as needed.
Focus Area 2- Customer Service
- Manage all aspects of customer service related to the direct ship logistics operations.
- Manage all aspects of customer service related to the direct ship logistics operations
- Collaborate with logistics providers and internal teams to ensure efficient order fulfilment and on-time deliveries
- Implement customer service metrics to evaluate performance and continuously improve service quality.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date master data related to products, customers, suppliers, and logistics parameters
- Implement data quality checks and maintain data integrity within logistics systems
Focus Area 3- Direct Ship Mode Optimisation
- Evaluate and optimise the Direct Ship mode for SHP operations
- Analyse transportation routes, performance, and transit times to identify optimisation opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal team re. providing input to negotiate favourable contracts and service agreements with transport providers.
Focus Area 4- Productivity and Efficiency
- Tracking and meeting weekly logistics costs against budgets and targets.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess operational performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Maximise direct ship and “co-loading” to ensure the most optimum distribution modes are used.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and “ways of working” to streamline logistics processes and improve productivity.
- Collaborate with SHP Chep administrator to ensure accurate tracking and management of CHEP
- Collaborate with finance to develop logistics budgets
Requirements of the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in logistics operations, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Familiarity with 3PL supplier management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
NB: Specific duties/responsibilities will vary from time to time: the above list is intended to indicate the general nature of the post and is not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to be flexible in supporting the business by undertaking any other responsibilities which are aligned with this job level