Position/Title: Logistics Supervisor – 3PL
Reports To: Logistics GM
Area: Logistics – Gauteng
Number of Reports: 0
The Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and managing various aspects of SHP 3PL logistics operations, including Liquor Runners supplier management, customer service, costs, and productivity – ensuring on time in full deliveries in the most efficient way.
Focus Area 1- 3PL – Liquor Runners – Supplier Management
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with third-party logistics (3PL) suppliers i.e., Liquor Runners
- Monitor supplier performance, including on-time delivery, quality, and adherence to service level agreements.
- Collaborate with Liquor Runners to identify opportunities for improvement and implement corrective actions when necessary
- Conduct regular supplier SLA reviews and escalate where needed to ensure compliance and competitiveness
Focus Area 2- Customer Service
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues or concerns promptly.
- Implement customer service metrics to evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement
- Coordinate with internal teams (i.e., telesales, planning etc.) to ensure accurate and on-time in full order fulfilment.
- Proactively communicate with customers to provide updates on shipments, delays, or any other logistics-related matters i.e., returns etc.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date master data related to products, customers, suppliers, and logistics parameters
- Implement data quality checks and maintain data integrity within logistics systems
Focus Area 3- Cost Management
- Tracking and meeting weekly logistics costs against budgets and targets.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess operational performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide input to the annual Liquor Runners contract negotiation
- Collaborate with finance teams to develop and manage logistics budgets.
- Collaborate with Liquor Runners and SHP internal stakeholders to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of SHP inventory including CHEP
Focus Area 4- Productivity and Efficiency
- Evaluate and optimize distribution modes based on cost, time, and service requirements
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess operational performance and identify areas for improvement
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and “ways of working” to streamline logistics processes and improve productivity
- Monitor Liquor Runners transportation management systems (Libra) to ensure efficiency and service standards are met
Requirements of the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in logistics operations, preferably in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Familiarity with 3PL supplier management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
NB: Specific duties/responsibilities will vary from time to time: the above list is intended to indicate the general nature of the post and is not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to be flexible in supporting the business by undertaking any other responsibilities which are aligned with this job level.